Friday 22 June 2012

Don't Skimp On Your Sleep, It Could Cause Your Death!

A recent study has shown that those of you who regularly get fewer than six hours of sleep at night are significantly increasing your risk of stroke. Researchers found that those in middle age who skimped on sleep were more likely to suffer stroke symptoms than those who got at least nine hours of shut-eye even if they were of healthy weight and with no family history of stroke.


Study: More than 5,000 participants, who were between 45 and retirement age, were monitored for three years as part of the US study.

The participants were divided into five groups according to how many hours a night they slept. They were asked to report their symptoms every six months.

The findings:
  • Those who slept for fewer than six hours were most likely to experience symptoms such as numbness or weakness down one side of their body, dizziness, loss of vision or a sudden inability to express verbally or in writing.
  • Scientists at the University of Alabama said the impact of sleep deprivation was a major one, even after taking into account age, weight and other known risk such as high blood pressure.
  • Co-author Virginia Howard, a professor of epidemiology, said: ‘Many people can have these symptoms and not recognize them as a precursor to having a stroke, and perhaps not even mention them to their doctor. 
  • ‘Sleeping habits can exacerbate the potential for these symptoms, which are internationally recognized as putting people at extraordinary risk of subsequent stroke.’ 
 How will this study affect you?
  
Most people think that all they need is to sleep more, but they failed to realize that quality of sleep is more important.

A few years back, I was barely sleeping enough because of late-night supper, project deadlines and work stress (I had a demanding boss!)which were keeping me up at night. My body was in a horrible shape, my weight was fluctuating and I looked older than my actual age.

In 2010, I started to seek help and to search for my own remedies.I have been sleeping better ever since then and have compiled all my knowledge into a series of newsletter.

To get started, here are some good sleep habits you can follow:
Food:  Avoid caffeine late in the day, eat the last meal of the day at least 2 hours before bedtime and cut down or avoid fluids at least one hour before bedtime.

Exercise: Avoid vigorous exercises too close to bedtime.

Bedroom: Try as much not to watch television in bed and relax your mind before bedtime to create a bedroom environment that enhances sleep.

If you have any other difficulties regarding sleep or would like to ask what food is advisable for you to take it to improve your quality of sleep, click here to leave a comment or drop me a question

Sign up for my newsletter “5 Minutes Daily Healthy Tips For the Busy You” and see a better you in 6 weeks!

What you will be expecting in your mail once a week,

1. Updated information on health news

2. 5- minute exercise routines you can do daily

3. Tips to improve your physical and spiritual well-being

 and many more...

Once you have signed up, you will receive a FREE info-fact sheet which will give you a summary of how insomnia will affect you and what can you do about it.

Keep the questions coming, we will work on them one by one.

To your health,

8 comments:

  1. It used to be a punishment for prisoners in old times that they were kept awake for long time till death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insomnia healing sound formula is an alternative treatment with no side effects. Every sound leaves an impact on our mind and body which can be disturbing, relaxing or healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice article , so delay your death buy sleep tea and sleep sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    STROKE.
    Hepatitis
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    Als
    Hpv
    Wart Remover
    Cold Sore
    SYPHILIS.
    Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tips you shared are very much useful and it is really effective. Another easy remedy is organic supplements for sleeplessness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent article; many thanks for informing us. It's been extremely helpful. Keep sharing, please. If you want to learn more about insomnia / sleep disorder treatment, please pick the link. Best Insomnia Treatments in Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete